Saturday 7 June 2014

KINKY LOWDOWN with Amelia James


Amelia James


You can take 5 items/men to a fully catered desert island – what/who would you take?
Since ménage sex is my favourite kink, I'll choose 5 guys. Christian Kane, Jon Bon Jovi, Loki (fictional characters count, right?), Jamie Fraser, and Adrian Paul.

What’s the weirdest thing a fan (or stalker!) has ever asked you?
One of my readers begged me to tell her which guy Talia chose in The Twisted Mosaic. I wouldn't do it, so after she read it, she spoiled the ending in her review. Grr….

Most inappropriate thing you’ve done in public? If it was illegal, did you get caught? J
I keep my inappropriate behind closed doors.

Do you have a favourite author(s)? Who is it/are they?
Right now it's Diana Gabaldon. I just started reading the Outlander series. I love historical romance: Kinley MacGregor, Karen Marie Moning, and Teresa Medeiros are some of my favorites.

How did you start your writing career?
I started writing short stories in the 3rd grade before I knew how to spell. I had a couple of stories published in Playgirl, then eventually I started writing novels. My first romance novel, Tell Me You Want Me, was published by Evolved Publishing in June 2012. Since then I've released 7 more books, both romance and erotica.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
The women, especially Jane because she was my first heroine. I don't relate to women. I love football, muscle cars, classic rock and action movies. I have more in common with men than women. I love writing my heroes. J

Who’s your favourite character? And what would let him/her do to you in the Dungeon?
Do I have to choose one? I'm pretty hooked on my newest guy, JT Luck. But he likes to share, so I think I'll invite Alex Sheridan to join us. JT is bad, but Alex is pure wickedness. What would I let them do? See, that's just it. It's not up to me. JT is a gambler and Alex is a manipulator so I'd have no control. Which is just fine with me. ;)

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
I spend more time using my pen name, Amelia James, than my real name, so I often forget who I am. But Amelia is more the real me than the real me is.

What made you decide to pick an alias?
When I first started writing kink, my mom didn't know, so I chose an alias to protect my identity. She found out a couple of months ago, and she's cool with it. She'll never read my books (whew!), but she's proud of me.

What was it about kink that made you choose the genre?
It chose me. I grew up in a very conservative and fundamental family/community. No one told me anything about sex, so I learned from reading romance novels. Writing them is both therapy and escape.

What extent do you go to, to research for what you write?
Um… I can't answer that without getting myself in trouble.  

Do you have a favourite item to write about? (or use? J)
Multiple partners. ;)

Dom or sub?      
I'd submit to Loki. Kneel!

Leather or Lace?
Lace rips nicely.

Silk or hemp?
Silk ropes don't chafe. I've researched this. ;)

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I'd probably become a nun… or a stripper. ;)

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I get up at 5:00 a.m. and fire up the laptop. I need quiet and comfort. No distractions.

What would be the weirdest one?
Probably the getting up at 5 a.m. thing.

Is there anything on your current/upcoming release schedule?
My newest erotic romance, Home is Where the Heat Is, released May 19, 2014. After that I'll be releasing sequels to my two romance novels Tell Me You Want Me and Secret Storm. Tell Me You Want Forever will be out in December 2014, and Secret 2 (no title yet) in 2015.

Where are your books available?
Everywhere. Amazon, B&N, iTunes. My publisher's website has links to all the bookseller sites. http://evolvedpub.com/team-view/amelia-james/

Stalker Links




2 comments:

  1. It's nice to get to know more about Amelia, like her writing ritual. I would probably have to get up early also, that way there aren't as many distractions.

    ReplyDelete