Monday 30 June 2014

KINKY LOWDOWN - ENCORE - with Jason Luke



Aaaaaand, for an encore interview... Jason Luke and the conclusion of Kinky Bitches. If you liked the theme month and want it again, please let me know! ~The Queen B~



What’s the weirdest thing a fan (or stalker!) has ever asked you?
I once had a request sent to me from an earnest reader who begged me ‘to take her submissive virginity’.

Do you have a favourite author(s)? Who is it/are they?
I don’t have one author who I favour. I am a fan of William Peter Blatty who wrote ‘The Exorcist’ because my real passionate desire is ultimately to write horror novels. I also happen to admire a lot of the adventure writers who emerged back in the 1970’s from England.

How did you start your writing career?
I have only been writing for a short time, although it is something that has always been an interest to me on a private level. Ultimately I decided to try writing stories at the suggestion of my girlfriend.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Jonah Noble was always going to be the hardest character because he really is the focus of both books. Coming up with Jonah’s thoughts on sex and women was no challenge, but keeping the character true in his mannerisms and reserved behaviour was something I had to be constantly mindful of.

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
I think it actually helps. I write erotica under the name Jason Luke and I write zombie novels under the name Nicholas Ryan. I think it would be far more confusing for me personally if I did it all under just one name. I think it would also be very confusing for readers.

What made you decide to pick an alias?
Authors all around the world write under pen names. Some of the most famous writers of all write under pen names. I do it because I believe the books should stand on their own. Writers should not be celebrities. We are storytellers and the story should be all that matters.

What extent do you go to, to research for what you write?
Naturally it is important that every story ooze credibility and authenticity. Whenever I sit down to write it is important to me that the words are accurate in their description. It is a particular challenge for me because I live in Australia and yet set all my stories in America. For that reason I do rely on some research and some vigilant beta readers.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
Before I started writing I worked in business management as a kind of trouble-shooter for different companies.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I like to write in the morning, and by 2pm I have had enough. I aim to get 2000 words written each working day. Sometimes days go well and I finish early and other days are much longer.

Where are your books available?
My books are available as ebooks only through Amazon. Many reads have asked me why they are not available form other platforms, but the truth is most other ebook outlets make it very difficult for an author who is not American.

Stalker Links
Facebook          Twitter          Amazon Author Page





No comments:

Post a Comment