Tuesday 24 June 2014

KINKY LOWDOWN with Michelle Fox



You can take 5 items/people to a fully catered desert island – what/who would you take? 
Four men to play with and one woman to be my bestie and share in the spoils with me.

What’s the weirdest thing a fan (or stalker!) has ever asked you?
Oh that’s a tough one. Most people are pretty normal. The toughest thing is the people who join my newsletter, grab their free read and then unsubscribe! I can see them! Don’t they know that?

Most inappropriate thing you’ve done in public? If it was illegal, did you get caught? J
Taped up pictures of naked men in my dorm’s bathroom when I was in college. So you’d get in the shower and look up to see Mr. January there in all his glory. No one except my cohorts in crime knew who had done it. The girls started taking the pics back to their rooms, giggling the whole way. The RA (resident advisor) was so mad though and I could have been expelled, but I was never caught.

Do you have a favourite author(s)? Who is it/are they?
All the authors! All the books! Current faves are Karen Chance and I’m re-reading Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series.

How did you start your writing career?
I wrote and choreographed a ballet when I was 10 and kept going from there.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
All of them! None of them co-operate. I have one vampire who’s been running away from his sex scene going on six months. Sheesh. You’d think I was going to stake him or something.

Who’s your favourite character? And what would let him/her do to you in the Dungeon?
My favourite character right now is James, my Scottish hero. He’s smart, easy on the eyes and has the strength to keep a woman safe and satisfied. He can tie me up with his kilt however he wants. I’m in!

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
I keep my first name real and just change up the last name. Makes life much easier! So I am really Michelle!

What made you decide to pick an alias?
My pseudonym is better than my real name, which is about as bad as Brian Dunkelman’s (that guy who mc’d the first season of American Idol along with Ryan Seacrest. We never saw him again. I want to be Seacrest, not Dunkelman, know what I mean?)

What was it about kink that made you choose the genre?
I like dominant, alpha men so it’s a natural fit to write about them.

What extent do you go to, to research for what you write?
Only my husband and I know the answer to that question ;)
  
Dom or sub? 
I think I’m a sub and I would submit to any hunky hero that comes my way...in my imagination. In real life, I’m happily married and my hubby is my one and only.

Leather or Lace?
Leather!

Silk or hemp?
Silk!

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
Anything that requires good organizational skills. I always wanted to work in the prop department of a big budget movie. I love to see how things work and being behind-the-scenes in the movie industry appeals to me.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
Right now I listen to Reggeaton over and over while I’m working. You can listen too, just follow the link: Listen here

What would be the weirdest one?
The amount of Nutella I sometimes eat while thinking about what to write next. Sometimes I procrastinate by cleaning. Ugh. That’s when you know it’s bad.

Is there anything on your current/upcoming release schedule?
I’m working on the follow up to First Moon, which features a pack of humans-turned-werewolves in northern Michigan and how they cope with suddenly being furry. The second book is all about the sheriff who’s gone from law enforcer to serious law breaker in order to protect his new pack.
~Woohoo!! I loved First Moon. Bring on the next one! ~Amanda~

I also have some dragon shifter books in the works. I’ll be part of a special anthology in late August/early September and will also have some stand alone releases featuring dragons.

Where are your books available?
Newsletter subscribers get a free read, a bdsm paranormal romance which fits right in with the kink theme! 

Stalker Links
Twitter: @AuthorMFox



No comments:

Post a Comment