Tuesday 3 June 2014

KINKY LOWDOWN with Red Phoenix



You can take 5 items/men/women to a fully catered desert island – what/who would you take? 
Hubby, flogger, Tono of Brie Learns the Art of Submission, plenty of jute, and the Hitachi MAGIC WAND

Most inappropriate thing you’ve done in public? If it was illegal, did you get caught? J
Sex, of course! And no, we did not get caught because that’s how we roll. ;)

Do you have a favourite author(s)? Who is it/are they?
As a person and author, Kallypso Masters. Such an inspiration and sweetie to all.
Purely as a writer I have to go old school and say John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens

How did you start your writing career?
I was in a state of transition and took on writing as a hobby while I figured out what to do with my life.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Varick, of Varick the Reluctant. His character has been haunting me since I was a teenager, a vampire stuck in a world he despises but must survive in. His struggles symbolize experiences in my own life and is so dark that I struggle delving into his world.

Who’s your favourite character? And what would let him/her do to you in the Dungeon?
This is a hard one… I love so many of my characters. I will go out on a limb and say Dan of Blissfully Undone. Even though he is not into the lifestyle, Dan is one creative lover. I would delight in seeing what he would do in the Dungeon setting. I would give him free rein over my body and see what he comes up with. 

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
Love it! I live and breathe Red Phoenix and even have a car with my name painted on her. (2014 Mustang GT, California Style) She is hot and stylish, just like me. ;)

What made you decide to pick an alias?
Having kids in high school and a hubby with a conservative job, I did not want my work to negatively affect them in any way.

What was it about kink that made you choose the genre?
My hubby and I have explored so much in the bedroom and I wanted to share that joy with others through my writing.

What extent do you go to, to research for what you write?
As much as possible, I try to experience what I write. If I cannot experience it myself, I find out from other women what it feels like and why they enjoy certain activities.

Do you have a favourite item to write about? (or use? J)
Favorite item to use: The Hitachi MAGIC WAND, baby!!! Pure torture and pleasure
Favorite item to write about: Jute and the delicious art of Kinbaku

Dom or sub?     
Sub all the way. I would like to try submitting to Rytsar of Brie Embraces the Heart of Submission and see if he could really condition me to enjoy his brand of “play”.

Leather or Lace?
Lace, but damn I love leather too!

Silk or hemp?
Jute. ;)

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
Probably find a way to teach in some capacity. I love people and I love encouraging them to aspire to greater things.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
Coffee, Red Bull and Vodka - depends on the time of day. [grin]

Is there anything on your current/upcoming release schedule?
The final in my Love Endures series, which is written under a different pen name, Michelle Stevens, because it is pure romance with a spiritual twist.

I have also announced the third in the Brie series is coming. I have just begun that project and will share the release date as soon as I know.

Where are your books available?
Amazon, B&N, iTunes, Smashwords, Kobo, and the audio book of Brie Learns the Art of Submission is available on Audible.

Stalker Links
Website          Blog          Facebook          Twitter          Pinterest          Google +          Tumblr



9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the fun questions, Mandy. Hope my fans enjoy it as much as I did. :) ~Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your thoughts about Rystar as I feel the same. It is something to think about that would push my own boundaries. I have similar thoughts about Kinbaku ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you! Loved learning more about Red Phoenix. Can't wait for Brie #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Please more Brie and Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, always like to know something about my favorite authors. Cant wait for the next adventures of Brie and Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interview. I love learning more about Red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this interview. I do have a question Red. Why Jute? It looks like it is very fibrous and would cause rope burns. It doesn't look very soft.

    ReplyDelete