Friday 21 February 2014

Author Lowdown with Amelia James

Amelia James

There’s a spaceship leaving Earth and you’re allowed to take a suitcase of essentials and five other items, what do you take?
My laptop, my Kindle, my daughter … that's pretty much all I need.

Who is your favourite author?
Right now it's Diana Gabaldon. I just started reading the Outlander series. I love historical romance: Kinley MacGregor, Karen Marie Moning, and Teresa Medeiros are some of my favorites.

How did you start your writing career?
I started writing short stories in the 3rd grade before I knew how to spell. I had a couple of stories published in Playgirl, then eventually I started writing novels. My first romance novel, Tell Me You Want Me, was published by Evolved Publishing in June 2012. Since then I've released 6 more books, both romance and erotica.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
The women, especially Jane because she was my first heroine. I don't relate to women. I love football, muscle cars, classic rock and action movies. I have more in common with men than women. I love writing my heroes. J

Why did you choose to write romance? Favourite style to write?
It chose me. I grew up in a very conservative and fundamental family/community. No one told me anything about sex, so I learned from reading romance novels. Writing them is both therapy and escape. I write contemporary, but I'd love to write a historical someday when I have time to research it.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I'd probably become a nun … or a stripper. ;)

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I get up at 5:00 a.m. and fire up the laptop. I need quiet and comfort. No distractions.

What would be the weirdest one?
Probably the getting up at 5 a.m. thing.

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how does it feel to have emails etc. addressed to your other name?
I spend more time using my pen name, Amelia James, than my real name, so I often forget who I am. But Amelia is more the real me than the real me is.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
My next erotic romance, Home is Where the Heat Is, comes out May 19, 2014. After that I'll be releasing sequels to my two romance novels Tell Me You Want Me and Secret Storm. Tell Me You Want Forever will be out in December 2014, and Secret 2 (no title yet) in 2015.

Where are your books available?
Everywhere. Amazon, B&N, iTunes. My publisher's website has links to all the bookseller sites.

Contact
Trashy's Treasures Blog          Evolved Publishing          Amazon          Twitter          Facebook
Google +          Good Reads

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today. I enjoyed the interview. :)

    ReplyDelete