Friday 7 February 2014

Author Lowdown with Carly Fall

Carly Fall

Who is your favourite author?
There are so many. I think currently it is Lee Child. I love his Jack Reacher Series. In the past, I've had a mad girl-crush on Patricia Cornwell. I've also enjoyed David Baldacci. There are also some wonderful indie writers out there.

How did you start you writing career?
I have been a writer since high school. I wrote for the yearbook in high school, the school newspaper in college. I helped my husband with his business for years, where I did a lot of product creation. In 2011 I wanted to step into fiction writing, and the ability for anyone to publish was there, so I did.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
This is going to sound strange, but it is challenging for me to write from a female POV. I am much more comfortable writing from a male POV - especially an alpha-male POV :)

Why did you choose to write romance? Favourite style to write?
I love a happy ending! It's as simple as that. I love writing stories about love, angst, and then the happy ending.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I would continue to help my husband with the business.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
Not really. I guess the only one I have is turning the Word screen to "Focus View," so that all distractions from other things opened on my computer are nullified. I also try to write for an hour at a time without distraction, take a break, and then start up again.

What would be the weirdest one?
Sorry, I'm pretty boring when it comes to writing rituals/habits

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how does it feel to have emails etc addressed to your other name?
At first it was very strange, but now it's like I have a dual personality! When I'm in public, I will answer to Carly without a second thought.

Your house is burning and you can grab five things - what would you grab?(people and pets are already out!)
Family pictures, my laptop, my Kindle and my son's memory box. And I would also have to grab his Xbox or he may never speak to me again. LOL!

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
I just released Yesterday's Kiss, a paranormal romance. In March, I will be releasing book one and two of my new series, the Angels of Affection, and in May/June, the next instalment of the Six Saviors will be released. Later in the year I have another series starting up.

Where are your books available?
My eBooks are available at all major retail outlets (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iTunes, KOBO, etc.) Paperbacks are available at Amazon.

Contact – FB, Twitter etc.
Website        Facebook        Facebook - Angels of Affection series        Twitter: @CarlyFall1


1 comment: