Saturday 18 January 2014

The Song of my Spirit 3

The Song of My Spirit
The Journey to become a Better Me: Week Three
By Kristen Debler



This week has been hard for me. I have found myself falling on old habits. I have found myself procrastinating on exercising, and on maintaining my stress level. This is the time when statistics state that people become discouraged about their New Year resolutions. This is the time when people realize that the goals that they have set for themselves are harder and require more time, effort and discipline than was thought about when they were off toasting the New Year. However, this is the critical point in deciding whether it is important in keeping these promises and making the change in our lives or if we are just going to give up. I guess it is a matter of figuring out what is important to us.

I have been adjusting to my new school schedule and I found out that I needed new organizational skills. I needed to find a way to manage my work schedule, study schedule and find time for myself and especially for exercising. I had to improvise and find workout routines that I could do while reading in front of the computer. My friend suggested that after an hour of studying, get up and walk around the house or do jumping jacks; anything to get my blood flowing and clearing my mind. I read somewhere that we cannot accomplish things with negativity. For instance, I can't go from "hating the way to loving my body". It does not work. This means don't beat myself up for eating a piece of cake or forgetting to work out for the day. An example is, I hate my stomach. I need to lose 15 lbs. I'm going to run three times, no sweets and no eating out. 

But then, when you slip from being a disciplinarian and gorge on cake, you beat yourself up. So, forgive yourself and ask why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. Because I want to feel comfortable in my own skin, be in tune with my body and feel beautiful and confident. Then ask yourself why you eat this and that. You figure out the feelings behind it and then you can find ways to working on them them and make better eating or life decisions. 
Learning to love you is one of the best ways to keep your goal or goals.




No comments:

Post a Comment