Friday 21 March 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with R.E. Butler



Aliens are loading humans onto their ships to populate a new galaxy; you have two hours before they get to you. What do you do in those two hours?!
Shave my legs!   I'm kidding.  Kind of.  In the last two hours on Earth, I'd call all my family members that weren't going with me and say goodbye, make sure someone was going to take care of my dogs, and wait eagerly for what the future holds.

Who is your favourite author?
That's a tough one!  There are a lot of authors that I really enjoy, but there are only a few authors that I will automatically buy everything that they publish, and my favourite of those is Laurann Dohner.

How did you start your writing career?
After I started reading paranormal romances, I was entranced with the worlds and characters, and I thought that I could do that, too.  So I sat down to write a story about a werewolf pack, and it (eventually) became the first Wolf's Mate book.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
The hardest for me to write are the villains.  There's a part of me that wants to find the goodness in everyone, even the bad guys.  If I'm writing a villain that needs to be utterly irredeemable, it's difficult for me to keep them true to character and not try to let them be a good guy even a little.  One of the most difficult villains to write were the were-lynxes from the fifth Wolf's Mate book, Bo & Reika.  I needed the three lynxes that were after Reika to be so very despicable that no one would be rooting for them.

Why did you choose to write romance?
I love to write about relationships and all that goes into them.  I love writing about hot, sexy heroes, amazing heroines, drama, lovin', and happily ever afters.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I am a stay-at-home-mom as well, so if I wasn't writing, I'd probably be doing a lot more cleaning and cooking than I do now.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I only have two rituals for writing - coffee and candy.  Folgers coffee in a Tervis cup so it stays hot the whole time I drink it, and something sweet to snack on.  Before Skittles got rid of lime green, that used to be my go-to candy, but now I eat fruit Mentos and Starburst jelly beans.

What would be the weirdest one?
My weirdest ritual involves the sorting of the candy that I eat.  Even though there are only three flavors in the fruit mentos, I still organize and eat them them by color - orange first, then yellow and my favorite pink for last.  I also sort the jellybeans!

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how does it feel to have emails etc. addressed to your other name?
I do write under an alias and at first it was strange to have people refer to me by initials, but after more than two years, I've definitely gotten used to it!

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
The second book in my Wilde Creek series will be out in April followed by the 7th book in The Wolf's Mate series.

Where are your books available?
Amazon, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and other online retailers

Stalker links?!
Facebook          Twitter: @rebutlerauthor          Website

R.e. Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment