Wednesday 5 November 2014

REVIEW - No Regrets (and Lost in France) by Jani Kay





Firebird Series: Lost in France (Book 1)

Lost In France is an erotic contemporary romance novel set in Paris, the city of Love and Romance.
Warning: 18+++

Lost. The one thing I want above everything else is taken from me in one night. My dreams are shattered forever because of one irreversible mistake.
There is nothing I can do about it.
I’ve lost everything.
So I do what I always do. I run.
To another continent.
To France.
To start over.

I need a new beginning; a new job, a new life. To find what I truly want…need…crave. Myself. And a man of my own.

My French man finds me. He's perfect.
Or…is he...
Alain du Bois has a secret. One that can destroy what we have even before we have a chance to find love.
And why is my new boss, Maxwell Grant, the arrogant and demanding CEO of Grant Global, fixated on me?

Will I find myself in France?
Will I get what I desperately want?
Or am I jumping from one hotter than hell fire into another?


Review


Rebecca is running away. All the way from Australia to France. She's scored herself an awesome new job in a huge company and is jet-setting across the globe. She meets Alain in the plane and...woohoo...joins the mile-high club while still in her seat. Way to go, Becca!
Alain has a secret. Yeah, and what good would he be without one? Well?
And I'm sure Becca is more than fine with having a carrot dangled in front of her only to have it yanked away from her.
From the start of this, I wanted Maxwell to snag her. I can't help it. I love an Alpha male! Alain is not an alpha male. He pretends to be, but really, he's a sweet-talking, wine-drinking Frenchman. For whatever reason, his character doesn't--in my eyes--fit with Becca. However, as we get past this book and into the next... More on than in a moment!
I really would have liked to be inside Maxwell's head for a little bit of this, just to see his thoughts on the matter of Becca and Alain.




Blurb
What will happen after Rebecca is 'Lost In France'?

Maxwell sends her to Munich, Germany as part of her work contract.

Will Alain come to his senses and realise he has lost the most precious thing on earth - true love?

Will Maxwell f*cking Grant get closer to Rebecca?

Read why Rebecca wants NO REGRETS!!!


Review
Sooo, Becca is in Munich now. The blurb doesn't tell you much, does it? Well, No Regrets follows on a little after where Lost in France left off. Becca is getting completely sauced at a bar and about to be cut off for the night. She drowns her sorrows in a bottle each night then staggers home. Until now. Her lovely bartender takes her to his place. 
She finds a fantastic friend in him and naturally this triggers jealousy in Maxwell. Especially when Becca's sister comes to visit and some f***ed up shit happens.
I can't give stuff away, but if you enjoyed the first book then you're going to HAVE to read this one. You'll also be hanging on the the final instalment to find out how everything pans out, because there's a tangled web been woven and things need resolving. Quickly! Three couples are in the making, but who will they be???


No comments:

Post a Comment