Friday 21 November 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Dawne Walters



You’ve got 2 hours left on earth (impending alien invasion/apocalypse etc) What do you do? 
Well it’s too late to panic...so, sit with my four dogs, Perseus, Poseidon, Chi Chi and Sanchez and watch it all go down. That’s a good question.       
           
If you had to choose a tattoo for someone else to get, what would it be and who would be the victim? 
My victim would be Myriam Judith Perkins...tattoos of all of CLP’s clients signatures on her BOOBS!!

You’re being abducted by hunky aliens and they’ve never watched a DVD. What five movies do you take to watch with them? 
Pride & Prejudice (with Kiera Knightly) because everyone loves a love story, 
Stepbrothers (because it’s all about the Effing Catalina Wine Mixer), 
White Christmas (I want to see those hunky aliens dance!), 
St Elmo’s Fire (because Rob Lowe in the 80’s was EPIC!), and 
ELF (It’s my ‘feel good’ movie when I’m feeling crappy).

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they? 
I have soooo many, MJ Carnal, Liz King, Layla Stevens, Skye Turner, Michelle Valentine, Bridgette Michelle Hare, Sofie Hartley, Felicia Lynn, Sophie Monroe...there are so many. I call them my Lays Potato Chips...you can’t pick just one! (that sounded kinda creepy didn’t it....).

How did you start your writing career?  
I started writing  when I was eight and I lived in Europe...Spain I think at that age. Started writing short stories in my journals. With all of the castles we’d visited...it was inspiring.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Conrad Renner in Anchor Line. He is  this barrel chested freedom fighter that isn’t ready to settle down, yet this little slip of a woman just does him in. He has this carefree attitude most of the time, yet when it comes to Addie, he can’t give her up.
  
If you have a nome de plume, is there a particular reason you chose the alias you have? 
I kinda like having my name on something I wrote. If you are going to take time to write it, take credit for it!! “Yeah, that’s me...what!” But, I completely understand for others who don’t write with their real names due to family or jobs.

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre? 
My genre is contemporary erotica with a military twist? Why did I pick this genre...I started writing while I was deployed to Iraq and I think that I was trying to escape in a historical romance that I was trying write and got caught up in the moss that grew on the castle, the water and how it flowed and the clothing for the period and my dialogue suffered and my charters were second to describing the castles and the grounds. So, Yeah, that didn’t work. Much prefer current goings on and romance. Who doesn’t want a happily ever after with a little drama that makes you want to throw your book?

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing? 
I think I would have gone to school to do the whole Nurse Practitioner thing that I started when I got out of the Army. But, I missed the connection that I had to the Army and now work for the DOD and write at home....and sometimes at work. (shhh)

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write? 
I am an emotional writer. I will set up an index of what I want each chapter to be and what I want to cover. But I can’t write from beginning to end. I end up piecing it all together. But I always listen to music and have Goldfish crackers and Mint M&Ms on hand.

What would be the weirdest one? 
I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS listen to Hurricane, Alibi, and Night of the Hunter by Thirty Seconds to Mars when writing a sex scene. Can’t write it with anyone else.

How badly does the housekeeping suffer when you’re in the writer’s cave? 
Not at all. I take the time to clean and do laundry before writing. Unless I’m in a time crunch...like right now. But, it’s not a problem.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule? 
From today - Pick Me two weeks or less. Static Line - (A short story from Anchor Line) Right before Christmas. Lyrics - Late Feb early March, Enforcer - Hopefully mid May.

Where are your books available? 
Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble. Still monkeying with other platforms like Kobo and the like. Paperbacks are always available from me and come with goodies.

Stalker Links
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dawne-Walters-Author
Twitter - @dawne41
Instagram - dawnew4

Just a few more!!

Leather or Lace? Leather

Jeans or sweatpants/tracksuit pants? Jeans (LOVE Khakis)

Heels or flats? Heels or my Chuck Taylors

Sweet or savoury? Savoury
 



No comments:

Post a Comment