Friday 14 November 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Alessandra Torre



You’ve got 2 hours left on earth (impending alien invasion/apocalypse etc) What do you do?
Gather my friends and family and veg out while going through our favorite memories.


Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?
Gillian Flynn


How did you start your writing career?
On a fluke. I was always a reader, you couldn’t keep me away from books. My mother was self-publishing a book, and passed on Stephen King’s book On Writing. Between his words and finding out about my mother’s writing journey, I felt inspired to pull out my laptop and start writing!


If you had to choose a tattoo for someone else to get, what would it be and who would be the victim?
Victim: my husband
Tattoo: my name in cursive on his ribs (I’m selfish)


Which character was the hardest to write and why?
Brant Sharp was my most difficult character. If you’ve read Black Lies, you know why. J


How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?
Erotic romance is my primary genre. I think it is a very flexible genre, one that often includes elements of suspense – which is my favorite spice to add to a novel. J


You’re being abducted by hunky aliens and they’ve never watched a DVD. What five movies do you take to watch with them?
Super Troopers,
Paul,
The Princess Bride,
Die Hard, and
Gladiator


If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
Before writing I was in banking, then an assistant. Before I started writing, I was considering apply to law school.


Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I am most productive when listening to music, in my bed with my dogs curled up at my feet. Normally I’ll keep a stash of energy drinks in easy reach with some almonds or chips. Removing all excuses to get up helps. J


How badly does the housekeeping suffer when you’re in the writer’s cave?
My housekeeping always suffers. I am a messy girl. You can tell if I have writer’s block, because it is the only time I start scrubbing floors.


What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
My next book, TIGHT, releases in late December or early January. After that, Do Not Disturb (the sequel to Girl in 6E) releases in April.


Where are your books available?
Amazon, Nook, Smashwords, Kobo and iBooks has all of my books
Bookstores and Audible has Blindfolded Innocence, Masked Innocence, Girl in 6E.


Stalker Links

http://www.facebook.com/AlessandraTorre0/

http://www.twitter.com/ReadAlessandra/

http://www.alessandratorre.com

Sign up for my newsletter or to be notified on my next release: http://www.nextnovel.com



Just a few more!!


Leather or Lace?
leather

Jeans or sweatpants/tracksuit pants?
jeans

Heels or flats?
Heels

Sweet or savoury?
Savoury!

No comments:

Post a Comment