Sunday 23 November 2014

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW!! Forced Disappearance by Dana Marton


Title: Forced Disappearance
Author: Dana Marton
Publisher: Montlake
Add to your list on Goodreads

Forced Disappearance




Synopsis
When wealthy American businessman Glenn Danning goes missing in Venezuela, investigator Miranda Soto volunteers to track him down. It's her first assignment for the Civilian Personnel Recovery Unit, but this mission is about more than salvaging the remnants of her shattered military career. Glenn was Miranda's best friend and first lover, and she'll do anything to save him from danger... especially since she just lost everything that mattered to her.

Glenn barely survived being kidnapped and tortured as a suspected spy, but the shock of seeing Miranda again gives him a new lease on life. Their still-simmering attraction grows hotter as the couple races through the treacherous jungle. Determined to reach safe ground, they must stay alive long enough to stop the terrifying enemy who still hunts Glenn. And even if they survive, Miranda's dark past could jeopardize their future together...


 Review
Wow! I love this woman’s books and they seriously just keep getting better. This is the first book in a new series and I have to say, I cannot wait for more. Dana has really upped the ante with this book (The opening line about a monkey catches your attention and reels you in from there).

Glenn is a forced disappearance, where foreigners are kidnapped outside the law and made to disappear, for whatever nefarious reason.

Miranda is ex-Army and has a new job with a civilian search and rescue unit. Her first assignment is finding Glenn in Venezuela.

Both have a past with each other.

Some of my favourite Dana Marton books are set in wild places. One of her SDDU series was set in a jungle, and it had me reading from cover-to-cover in pretty much one sitting. Her Sheikh series, one of which was a SDDU crossover, again had me devouring it in a sitting. There’s something about the way she writes about these untamed places: the wildlife, the survival methods and the roadblocks along the way. I’m sure she has a wonderful time researching the destinations, the culture and the history for each book. A memory teases the edge about a banana spider in one of her books. It was a rather humourous moment! (and I really hope I’m remembering the right book!!)

Despite my often less than stellar memory of which storyline belongs to which author (which is why I write reviews as soon as I’m done reading) I do know that Dana Marton is deserving of her award winning status. She creates wonderful characters, like Glenn and Miranda, puts them in less than wonderful locations, like the Venezuelan jungle, complete with really crappy situations. There’s definitely a little ‘ooo, ick’ moment near the start, not as bad as some I’ve seen, but enough to make me squirm a bit. 
And I have to say, I love happy tears. Love them! My daughter even asked me, “you okay, Mummy? Why you crying?” It’s hard to explain happy tears to a three-year-old!

If you’re already a Dana Marton fan, jump on this one, quick sticks. If you’re not already a fan or have never heard of Dana before, please give this a go. It really is a fabulous book.


***Copy from author in exchange for honest review*** 



No comments:

Post a Comment