Friday 31 October 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Amity Cross



You’re being abducted by hunky aliens and they’ve never watched a DVD. What five movies do you take to watch with them?
My top five would be:
1. Almost Famous – A serious education about the rock and roll lifestyle!
2. Terminator 2 – Because it’s badass and it’s about humanity screwing itself over, but being resilient in its fight to take their home back.
3. Amelie – A film about serendipity and romance and discovering the good things in humanity.
4. Dead Poets Society – A beautiful example of sticking it to the man and forming your own ideals and ideas about the world.
5. The Shawshank Redemption – Another example of the futility of humanity and the resilience of a strong mind.

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?
The authors I grew up with stick with me the most, I’d have to say. I was hardcore into Fantasy, so my favorties are Isobelle Carmody, Garth Nix, Ian Irvine, Alison Croggon and Kristen Cashore.


How did you start your writing career?
Writing stories about horses when I was eight. Seriously, true story. I always wanted to be an author, but life took me in a different direction. I circled back a few years ago after a few life experiences and gave it another crack.

Which character was the hardest to write and why?
I have a hard time writing whiny and bitchy women. In Beat, it was Monica that was the hardest to write. In Unexpected it was Evie!

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
Amity isn’t my real name and I don’t make a secret out of it, but when people call me that? It messes with my identity! I have a friend who calls me by my real name half the time and Amity the other. THAT messes with me! But I like being Amity. She has more fun. There’s something freeing about assuming another identity. It’s all me, but I feel like I can be a little wilder than usual.

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?
I write Erotic Romance first and foremost, though I do have some Contemporary Romance coming. I was tired of the weak heroines and wanted to write something that I wanted to read and couldn’t find.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I probably would’ve ended up coasting from job to job being extremely unhappy. I’d be stuck at a desk at some mundane office admin job, most likely.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
Nope. I’m completely boring and just sit down and do it. I do like to have an energy drink and write during the day, but I don’t think that counts as a ‘ritual’. I’m uptight about planning all my books, I guess you could count that as a habit.

What would be the weirdest one?
I have to plot all my books start to finish. I break out in cold sweats if I don’t know where I’m going!

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
Beat released October 6th and I am currently working on the second book, Pulse. I have a number of other projects coming up that haven’t been announced yet, so keep your eyes peeled! I’ve got some dark and twisty alpha males, sexy rock stars and more beefcake fighters!

Where are your books available?
All the usual suspects. Amazon, iBooks, Barnes&Noble, Kobo and Smashwords.

Stalker Links
Website/Blog:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Instagram:

Newsletter:

Street Team:








No comments:

Post a Comment