Friday 10 October 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Crystal Perkins




You’re being abducted by hunky aliens and they’ve never watched a DVD. What five movies do you take to watch with them?
Love, Actually
Batman Begins 
Veronica Mars 
Dead Poets Society 
Never Been Kissed

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?
Harlan Coben and Jill Mansell

How did you start your writing career?
I read a book that I couldn’t relate to, so I sat down and wrote my own book.

Which character was the hardest to write and why?
 It was hard to write Luke’s book. I felt really protective of him since he was the youngest brother.

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
I write as me!

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?
My current series is New Adult. I fell in love with the genre 2 years ago, and I wanted to write within that age group, despite the fact that only one of my couples is actually in college during their book.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I have worked in bookstores for the past six years, and I’ve also coordinated a large part of the Vegas Valley Book Festival for the past four years. Writing snuck up on me, but I love it!

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
Hmm…maybe? I generally just sit down and write. I’m a pantser for sure. No planning on my part!

What would be the weirdest one?
I don’t know if it’s weird, but the ideas for the conflict in whatever book I’m working on generally come to me while I’m driving in my car! I don’t plot, so I depend on my car time to give me my inspiration.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
The fourth book in The Griffin Brothers, Learning To Love, will be out October 10. After that is a novella for their tattoo artist, Zane, and his girlfriend, Quinn, in November. The brothers’ niece, Alex, is next in December with her guy Miles. Their novella will lead into my new series, which launches in January. I describe the new series as Charlie’s Angels with a secret society of women.

Where are your books available?
Amazon/Kindle, NOOK, iBooks, Kobo, Smashwords and Google Play.

Stalker Links
 https://www.facebook.com/CrystalPerkinsAuthor  @wondermomlv   crystalperkinsauthor.com




No comments:

Post a Comment