"Great Story. Great Characters."
Author: Maria Vickers
Title: By the Book
Release Date: June 14th
Cover Designer: T.E. Black Designs
Editor: Shana Vanterpool
Joshua Dayton met the man of his dreams as a sophomore in high school—his mentor and biology teacher, Mr. Cayden. Fearing his love would be considered forbidden and rejected, he ran away to college, determined to move on and forget. Three years later, he is summoned home and comes face to face with the man he tried to leave in the past. The same man he never stopped loving.
Samuel Cayden was looking for a fresh start and an escape. What he was not expecting was to develop feelings for his student, Joshua. Yet when the boy returns home a man, Samuel can no longer pretend the pull between them doesn’t exist.
Will the student become the teacher, showing Samuel how to open his heart? Will Samuel be able to prove to Joshua that things are not always what they appear? Or will the spark fizzle before it has a chance to ignite?
It’s time they got a lesson in love and temptation.
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2sSGqth
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2rgrnMW
Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B071YWSJKB
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071YWSJKB
Also available on Kindle Unlimited
Top Ten Insights Into By the Book
1. Originally, Sam was going to be engaged to Josh’s mother to help with insurance.
2. Josh’s mother was going to be dying. I decided not to make her as sick as initially planned, and I decided not to kill her off.
3. Connor Jay (Josh’s muse and the cover model) went to school in Florida. I had already planned to send Josh to school in Florida before I discovered this little factoid. It was a happy coincidence.
4. The picture on the cover inspired the story. As soon as Christopher John with CJC showed me the picture, I had the story and knew I needed to write it. Other books were put on hold so that I could get this story out.
5. Initially Josh and Sam were going to be 20 years apart instead of just 14.
6. The book was almost set in Hubbard, Texas, but I decided to set it in Imperial, Missouri, a town down the road from where I live.
7. Sam was originally going to teach literature, but I wanted him to be more than a teacher. I wanted him to also be a mentor, and I wanted there to be a reason why Josh went to Florida; therefore, literature became biology.
8. By the Book was supposed to be a standalone, however, there has been such demand for Jacob’s story, there will be a sequel.
9. Sam’s father and Josh’s mother are based on a friend’s parents.
10. I wrote a deleted scene about a moment that happened between Josh and Sam during baseball practice months before Josh graduated in high school. I chose to delete it for continuity, but it might show up in the next book as a bonus scene.
Maria Vickers currently lives in St. Louis, MO with her pug, Spencer Tracy. She has always had a passion for writing, and after she became disabled, she decided to use writing as her escape.
She has learned a lot about life and herself after becoming sick. One of the things she has learned and lives by is, life is about what you make of it. You have to live it to the fullest no matter the circumstances.
I’ve always loved books. Not only creating stories but reading them as well. Books transport me, and when I was younger, I would run into walls because I refused to put my books down even for a second. Take not, walking while reading is not advised. LOL.
With my books, I dream of sharing my stories with the world. I want others to be transported or to feel the emotions my characters feel. That is my goal. If I can do that for one person, I succeeded.
Getting sick changed me and my life, but it also opened doors that I thought were closed. Today, even though I may not be able to do as much as I once could, I still have my mind, and I can write.
www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/ea80a6ed230a Rafflecopter giveaway