Synopsis from Amazon:
Abducted at gunpoint by a gorgeous woman…
Navy SEAL Cody “Cowboy” McCormick is in Las Vegas for a little R & R before his friend’s wedding when a beautiful blonde jams a gun in his side and abducts him from a casino in broad daylight. He could stop her, but he plays along because he’s intrigued—plus he’s convinced she’s in danger.
CIA agent Miranda Lockwood’s life is on the line when an undercover operation goes wrong. Little does she know when she sashays up to the biggest, baddest looking dude in the casino lobby that she’s kidnapping a Navy SEAL—or that she’ll be unable to resist his charm when he turns up the heat.
When the CIA labels her a rogue agent, Miranda’s faith in everything she believes in is shaken to the core. Cody’s the only one she can trust to help her find the traitor in the agency. But even though she’s forced to betray him, she can’t get over the SEAL who made her feel safe in his arms. Miranda will have to fight harder than she’s ever fought for anything if she wants his forgiveness—but Cody’s not in a forgiving mood in spite of the sparks that still fly when he’s forced to team up with her again.
When disaster strikes and they’re caught in the line of fire, Cody will do everything in his power to keep them both alive. Because if he doesn’t, he’ll never get to hold Miranda close again…
With a Lynn Raye Harris i expect several things:
· There are going to be a lot of hot, alpha guys with protective instincts [many of whom you’ve met in previous books] in the plot and the hero will be front and center.
· The heroine will be in jeopardy but NOT a shrinking violet or a whiner, she’ll be up front and doing her best – which is usually pretty damned good.
· There will be bad guys who deserve what they get.
· There are going to be a LOT of page turning action scenes, both in and out of the bedroom – scenes that keep you on the edge of your seat and up past your normal bedtime.
· There will be stubborn refusals to admit the truths of their relationships and emotional, heart-touching moments between the hero and heroine when the light finally dawns.
So how does HOT SEAL Rescue stack up? It nails every one of them.
Our hero is Cody "Cowboy" McCormick and the heroine is CIA agent Miranda Lockwood. Miranda ‘kidnaps’ our hero by sticking a gun in his side and he goes along with it because she looks like she’s in trouble. And she is, of course, and some of the trouble is caused by her decisions throughout the book. Trying to avoid spoilers here but there are blown covers, hot sex, deaths [faked and otherwise], CIA moles, differing agendas, hurt feelings, and a truly satisfying happily ever after.
Thank you Ms. Harris, it’s another winner. I loved it.
Note: Apparently an abbreviated version of this story appeared in the anthology SEALs of Summer 3. This is the full story.
HOT SEAL Team series
1: Hot SEAL
2: Hot SEAL Lover
3: HOT SEAL
And, of course, there’s the original Hostile Operations Team series:
1: Hot Pursuit
2: Hot Mess
3: Hot Package
4: Dangerously Hot
5: Hot Shot
6: Hot Rebel
7: Hot Ice
8: Hot & Bothered
9: Hot Protector
“I received a copy from the Author in return for an honest review…”